Are you looking for a new home? While making your priority list are eco friendly features important? With the environment being a concern for many these days I often get a questions about eco friendly options.
An Eco-house (or eco-home or green home) is an environmentally low-impact home designed and built using materials, appliances and technology that reduces its carbon footprint and lowers its energy needs.
While building an eco friendly home is a great option it is often expensive up front and new construction isn’t an option for every homebuyer in the Lowcountry.
So what can you do to an existing home to increase its green capabilities? Small changes can make big differences. Energy-efficient light bulbs, low-flow water fixtures or installing large windows to let more natural light in are all changes you can make after you purchase your home in Charleston, SC.
Trusted Choice shares a few simple ideas:
- Opt for Zero VOC paint: Most wall paints contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that help paint spread easily. Unfortunately, VOCs also have some unhealthy chemicals. Shop for “Zero VOC” paints.
- Start to see the right light: LEDs are more environmentally friendly than incandescent bulbs.
- Save your scraps: Any time you do a project, save your leftover scraps and materials, they can be reused later.
- Trade in your chemical products: Nowadays, all-natural cleaners are as easy to find as a Starbucks on the corner. Spend some time replacing your chemical-filled products with all-natural cleaners.
- Purify the air: Invest in an air purifier and purifying plants.
If a green home in the Charleston area is something you have your heart set on we will work together to find features important to you or find something you can evolve into exactly what you want.
(843) 608-8149 | www.frontporchpropertiessc.com